Earlier this summer, DobberHockey put out its 11th annual Fantasy Prospects Report. It's normally $13.99, but for this Sunday Ramblings, I want to show readers for free why its worth every penny. Here's a few notes from the guide that are exactly the type of material that help you get the edge on your opponents and win your pool. If you're impressed, you can check out the whole thing here: http://dobbersports.com/shop/.
- Hearing tons of hype for d-man Adam Fox (CGY) after his outstanding Summer Showcase? We got that started months ago, calling him a potential star and listing his fantasy upside as Kevin Shattenkirk.
- The guide's "expected arrival" on UFA Hobey Baker winner Will Butcher? Cups of coffee this year, full time 2018-19.
- Upset when news broke that Kirill Kaprizov (MIN) signed a KHL deal? We warned readers that he would spend at least another year there. We also still consider him a blue-chip prospect though so don't fret too much.
- Only one Montreal prospect goaltender had Draft advice recommending using a pick...its was Charlie Lindgren.
- Troy Terry's (ANH) prospect profile ends with the line "He could be this year's Jake Guentzel".
- The guide's top-rated Bruins forward rose 171 spots - Anders Bjork went from 227 to 56 and is predicted to be full time in 2018-19.
- Kasperi Kapanen finished the season with the Leafs, but we still expect his full-time arrival to be 2018-19.
- Good news for Canucks fans and Nikolay Goldobin: we predict ample powerplay time for the talented youngster who is now an NHL regular
- Not many goaltending prospects earned the term "Workhorse" in their NHL upside, but Thatcher Demko (VAN) did.
In case you missed it earlier this week, we've already posted some 2018 Draft Rankings courtesy of Cam Robinson - contributor for both DobberProspects and DobberHockey. It's never too early to get educated - you can check them out right here when you're ready: http://www.dobberprospects.com/cam-robinsons-2018-nhl-draft-rankings-august-2017-edition/
A new Summer Series edition of the DPR Podcast is out, giving you an update on prospects of Edmonton, San Jose, and Carolina. As usual, its a logjam of good content that doesn't waste your time. I highly recommend cecking it out here: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/dobber-prospects-radio/id1155946433?mt=2
Thanks for reading, and best of luck as your 2017-18 season drafts begin!